Private Day TourMount Vesuvius-Herculaneum and Lunch Experience
What we will do and see
Enjoy our tour of Herculaneum and Mount Vesuvius: an incredible visit to the archaeological site followed by a climb up the slopes of Vesuvius for an unparalleled panoramic view of the Gulf of Naples!
It will be exciting to stroll through the ancient Roman city of Herculaneum which just like Pompeii, was destroyed by the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD. You will discover the famous Villa of the Papyri, the Theater, and numerous artifacts including gold jewelry recovered under the ash blanket of Vesuvius.
We will continue to Mount Vesuvius where, if you choose to climb to the top of the volcano you will reach the crater at 1000m and enjoy the splendid landscapes of the Gulf of Naples.
Finally, you will be delighted with a gastronomic lunch and experience the traditional cuisine of the region. You can taste the famous Neapolitan pizza and other typical dishes, as well as indulge in some sweet temptations and maybe even a spritz!
- Luxury private air-conditioned Mercedes vehicle
- English-speaking driver
- Parking and highway tolls
- Fuel and insurance fee
- Mount Vesuvius visit time
- Herculaneum visit time (1.5 hours approx.)
- Photo stops
- Entrance tickets to monuments and attractions
- Lunch, snacks and drinks (stops scheduled on the day in consultation with the driver)
- Herculaneum licensed guide
- Tips payable on discretion (not mandatory in Italy)